Throughout the year, Western Pennsylvania Healthcare News features fresh, in-depth, and relevant information for our audience of 40,000+ healthcare leaders and professionals.
As a healthcare business publication, we cover and cherish our relationship with the entire healthcare industry and cover the whole continuum of care. Our audience includes healthcare professionals, physicians, nurses, hospital executives and department heads, insurance providers, attorneys and accountants, home care and nursing home administrators, healthcare students, university and allied health school professionals as well as suppliers of products and services to the healthcare arena.
We focus on rehabilitation, nursing homes, home care, hospice as well as men’s health, women’s heath, and pediatrics. If your business crosses into any part of the health care sector, you should make it your business to be a regular part of Western Pennsylvania Healthcare News.
Bylined Article Checklist
- Contributed articles should be 700 words or less, be educational and informative, and take a specific angle about something in the related field, rather than an advertisement of an organization.
- The article should be information-based and should not contain advertorial content.
- Bylined articles should be sent as a Word (PC) or Pages (Mac) document and written in the third-person, unless the submission is an opinion piece approved by the editor. Our editor reserves the right to refuse individual articles once they have been submitted and reviewed.
- Include a suggested title for the article and the author’s byline.
- Do not include footnotes or endnotes. Any appropriate references should be incorporated into the narrative of the article itself.
- Include a two-line biography of each author. Please also include the author(s)’ name(s), title(s), organization(s), and website(s). Authors may also include their phone number and/or e-mail address in the bio.
- Send a digital photo of the author or a photo relevant to the piece (300 dpi), along with a cutline.
Calendar of Events
Have a special event coming up? Any conferences or meetings the readers should be aware of? Send us the name of the event; location; dates; and contact information.
- We encourage you to send your press releases on breaking news, awards, new hires, promotions, and other things that your organization is proud and excited to announce.
- We welcome and encourage photos (300 dpi) with submissions.
- All press releases should offer a clear, thorough description of your product or service.
- If your product or service is not healthcare specific, it is helpful to tell us how it is applicable to the healthcare community.
We encourage photos with article and/or press release submissions. Photos should be at least 5″ wide and 300 dpi. Head shots should be at least 2″ wide and 300 dpi. Also, be sure to include the cutline. Finally, please send any images as separate files and not embedded in your article document or in an email.
- The deadlines for all content is the 10th of each month.
- That month’s issue usually goes to print on the final Wednesday of the month. Email your content to Daniel Casciato at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media Channels
If you have news that must be distributed immediately, we’ll post it on our social media accounts—LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. Collectively, among the Western Pennsylvania Healthcare News team, we have 10,000+ key connections.
2013 Editorial Calendar
January: Medical Malpractice Insurance, Orthotics and Prosthetics, Residential Treatment Centers, Higher Education Healthcare Programs
February: Senior Living Solutions, Rehabilitation Products and Services, Medical Billing & Coding, Financial Planning/Investment Management, Special Needs Services
March: Commercial Real Estate, Architecture and Interior Design Services, Executive Search Firms, Legal Representation
April: Education, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Legal, Medical Trends in Supplies/Equipment, Nursing, Orthotics and Prosthetics, IT Solutions
May: Nursing, Social Media, Improving Quality Performance, ACOs, Practice Management, Human Resources, Outsourcing, Drug & Alcohol Treatment, Home Health
June: Senior Living Solutions, Healthcare IT Solutions, Healthcare & the Government, Safety & Security, Energy Reduction, Emerging Medical Devices, Excellence in Patient Care, Healthcare Placement Services, Navigating Health Plans, Special Needs Services, Rehabilitation Products and Services, Legal
July: Consulting, Talent & Career Management, Financial Planning/Investment Management, Healthcare Real Estate, Design & Construction, Social Media, Healthcare Placement Services, Marketing Your Practice, Healthcare Regulations
August: Legal, Profiles in Leadership and Administration (profiles), Business Professionals in Healthcare, Education, Looking Ahead, Non-Profit Challenges, Outsourcing, National Rehabilitation Awareness Week, Senior Living Solutions, Drug & Alcohol Treatment
September: Education, Healthcare Insurance Plans, Consulting, National Physical Therapy Month, Talent & Career Management, Non-Profit Fundraising & Special Events, Advances in Orthotics and Prosthetics, National Breast Cancer Week, Support Services, Healthcare IT Solutions
October: Cameos of Caring, Financial Borrowing Tips, Healthcare Real Estate, Cloud Computing Solutions, Leasing Options for Healthcare Professionals, Healthcare Design & Construction, Bioethics, National Hospice Month
November: Looking Ahead, Education, Technology, Medical Trends in Supplies/Equipment, Cost Savings Strategies, Excellence in Patient Care, Giving Guide, Legal, Healthcare IT Solutions
December: Compassionate Care, Consulting, Looking Ahead, Social Media Best Practices, Family Health
Topics we plan to cover on a regular basis include:
While each issue will contain themes, they are not exclusive to that particular month. We will consider any topic during the year. Topics we plan to cover on a regular basis include:
- Addiction/Mental Health/Recovery
- Clinical Topics and Research Developments
- Consulting and Outsourcing
- Healthcare Legislation and the Regulatory Environment
- Healthcare Real Estate, Design, Construction and Facility Management
- Employment Issues
- Marketing and Communications
- Pediatric Healthcare
- Physical Therapy
- Practice Management
- Social Media